My Image

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WWE refutes claims of Florida Championship Wrestling shutting down

Reported by Ernest I Aguilar

WWE has refuted the claims that Florida Championship Wrestling, its developmental territory, will be closing doors after a report appeared on the Wrestling Observer saying that FCW is shutting down.

FCW's TV deal is indeed closing and apparently not being renewed but FCW is not going to shut down, with Triple H, VP of Talent, saying it's absolutely false.

"I don't know how the rumor started but I believe it's a situation where the 'dirt sheets' want to believe they have the scoop on everything. If anything, we are in the process of ramping up our entire developmental system," he told WWE.COM. "It's the lifeblood of our company. It's what feeds our future and in no way are we going to close it down."

The former WWE champion also said that there will be massive changes following WrestleMania to FCW, including plans to relocate either the training place or TV tapings out of Tampa, Florida.

"There are plans in the works, but nothing definitive I can discuss right now. WWE's developmental system is being revamped, not shut down. If anything, it's going to get bigger and better than ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.